Vacant Property Insurance

Looking for Rental or Vacant Property Insurance in Washington State?

If you own a rental property or home in Puyallup, Ferndale, Monroe or any other part of Washington state that happens to be vacant, a traditional homeowners insurance policy will not work. You need what’s called a “Specialty Dwelling” insurance policy.

This is because traditional homeowners insurance excludes coverage for properties that are not owner-occupied. In other words, if you don’t live in the house, it’s only covered by a specialty dwelling policy.

PNW Insurance Group represents several carriers who can insure your rental property, or specialty use property. Get a vacant property insurance quote today.

Specialty Dwelling Insurance

There are multiple scenarios where specialty dwelling insurance is necessary:

    • Rental Properties

Specialty Dwelling insurance is the only type of policy that will work for a rental property.

There are certain coverages that you need as the owner of a non-owner occupied property that are only provided by a specialty dwelling insurance policy like for example Landlord Furnishings, and Tenant Liability.

    • Vacant Homes

Vacant homes can present all kinds of problems which is why they can be extremely difficult to insure. Most insurance companies want nothing to do with a property that is vacant. We can help you though.

    • Seasonal & Vacation Homes

In many cases, in order to insure a secondary, seasonal, or vacation property, most companies require that you insure your primary residence with them as well, which isn’t always possible.

    • Older & Lower Value Homes

If your home is extremely old and/or the market value is considerably lower than the cost to rebuild it, many insurance companies may hesitate to cover it. Older or lower-valued properties present a number of problems, but we have access to specialty policies specifically for these types of homes.

    • Credit Problems

Some homeowners might not have strong enough credit to qualify for a “standard” homeowners policy. When this is the case, specialty dwelling insurance is the alternative.

    • Homes Under Construction

In some situations your renovation, addition, or reconstruction project may require a specialty dwelling policy.

How to Get a Vacant Property Insurance Quote

To get started on your vacant property insurance quote today simply call our office directly or complete the fields below!

We understand you may be concerned about the specifics of your vacant property and the insurance policy you are carrying. So while we are based in Puyallup, we are happy to share that we also serve clients all across Washington state in cities like Ferndale, Monroe, Tacoma and yes even Spokane!

Our local and independent insurance agency is ready to answer all your questions about vacant property insurance. Get your online quote today!

Would You Like Us To Review Your Policies?

Call Email Claims Payments